West Mountain Radio TARGETuner Features
TARGETuner Mobile Antenna Management System provides a controller with intelligent automatic controls for the tunable mobile screwdriver antenna, and a Remote RF Module. The Remote RF Module has an internal frequency counter and is used to store the operating frequency along with the antenna position turns counter reading in the tuner memory. There is also an optional cable available that enables a direct link from the radio VFO to the TARGETuner.
- Frequency Monitoring and a Prescaler that monitors the frequency of transmitter.
- Forward and Reverse RF power detection to monitor antenna performance (SWR data).
- Grounding provisions and standard SO-239 UHF connectors provided.
The controller continuous monitors the Forward and Reverse Power Ratio (SWR) of the antenna system and continually adjusts the tuning to provide the best antenna efficiency at the transmitter operating frequency. A PWM speed control for the antenna motor with Motor Current and Antenna Position Feedback Motor control direction relative to transmitter frequency and SWR tuning to automatically seek a minimum SWR reading. Manual controls also offer the user the ability to adjust the antenna tuning manually, and store new data points for new and favorite frequencies. This unit is intended to be mounted close to the Radio inline with the antenna feed.
TARGETuner Controller Unit
The control unit is an intelligent, microprocessor based, data and Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Motor Controller that monitors the transmitter frequency and antenna performance, while managing the antenna motor speed and tuning accordingly.
The Auto-detect function moves the antenna position through it's range to generate the antenna tuning table. The tuner samples, stores and recalls optimum antenna tuning location data based on transmitter frequency and best SWR.
- Manual direction switch and programmable motor control of speed and direction.
- Programmable for stall current sensing.
- Easy programming and memory capabilities.
- Auto tuning when changing frequencies.
- Digital display for basic transmission frequency and SWR read-out.
- Manual tuning controls for monitoring antenna performance and adjustments.
- Continuous sensor monitoring of vehicle movement, antenna icing and many other environmental factors.
- The tuner controller uses convenient and safe Powerpole connectors for simple installation.